I need feminism because when such things get shared on the internet, they make me cringe.
I need feminism because feminism means equality and men sometimes need it too.
so, to all the women here is what I have to say:
- Changing your surname is an option not a law/rule. If you decide to change it, it’s a choice you are making.
- You change your home. Like you changed your home when you moved out to work and changed it when you went out to study just like the man. He has changed his home too.
- He moves in with you too.
- He too builds a home with you
- You don’t get pregnant for him. You get pregnant because motherhood is one of the most beautiful experience and you want to experience it. If you get pregnant because he wanted and you didn’t want, that is abuse which needs to be reported but not something to give you a feel of martyrdom.
- You get fat because body changes during pregnancy. It’s nothing to be sad or happy about. You knew about it all when you dreamed of becoming a mother.Its also biology. Expecting him to deliver and go through the pain is as senseless as being angry about not being able to time travel.
- The pain is excruciating and in no way is the man “responsible” for it.
- The kids you deliver bear the name you CHOOSE to give them. You can give them your name too.
- It seems had it not been for men, women would not cook, clean, take care of the parents, bring up the children, earn, advice, maintain a healthy family. And if you would do that nonetheless, there is no need to make a list of the things you would do for your own home.
- Neither of you are doing a favor. You both are equals, you both are partners. A man can make a list of the things he does for you too but I am sure that would be soon rubbished as a joke or a duty. If he is not making a fuss about being a man, stop making a fuss about being a woman.